Read Reviews of A Reel Cool Summer

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Resources For Self-Published or Indie Authors

As many of you know from reading this blog or following me on Twitter or Facebook, I’m new to the writing and publishing business.  I created my indie publishing company, Read To Me Publishing, LLC in April of 2011 in order to publish my first picture book, A Reel Cool Summer, which was released on June 21, 2011.

I’ve spent the last six months or so preparing for the release of my book and trying to get the word out on a limited budget.  I’m sure most self-published or indie authors are in the same boat.  So, I just wanted to share a few websites that I think will be helpful to you in one way or another.  I’ll continue to add to the list as I come across others.  Of course, not every website is a perfect fit so go exploring and see what you like.

Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question below.  If you’re willing to share other sites, I’ll be happy to check them out and add them to the list.  So, in no particular order…

LIST YOUR BOOK TRAILER (aside from YouTube):
Vimeo
KidLit BookTrailers (children’s, MG and YA books)
Trailer Spy

MEET OTHER AUTHORS:
Nurture Your Books
Jacket Flap
She Writes (so does “he”)
WoMen’s Literary Café
The Independent Author Network

FIGURING OUT SOCIAL MEDIA & PUBLISHING:
DuoLit
Marketing Tips Blog

REVIEWERS OF SELF-PUB/INDIE BOOKS:
Ahgoo Review (children’s, MG & YA)
Janette Fuller
Reader Views Kids (children’s, MG & YA)
Review The Book
Readers Favorite

LIST YOUR BOOK AND GET AN AUTHOR PAGE
GoodReads

MAKE A SNEAK PREVIEW OF YOUR BOOK:
BookBuzzr

FOR AUTHORS WHO GIVE BACK:
Read A Book, Make A Difference

MEET BOOK BLOGGERS:
Book Blogs

Oh, sure, I do all the hard work and you just get to come over and click away!  Just kidding.  I’m glad to share with fellow authors and to promote some great sites (and in many cases, the people behind those sites) that have helped me get started.

Until next time… stay cool!

Martha


No comments:

Post a Comment